Sunday, March 6, 2011

Love without a limit

"Once there was a tree...and she loved a little boy." This line begins one of the most profound children's stories of unconditional love, penned by Shel Silverstein.

Loving unconditionally should be as natural as inhaling and exhaling. Yet, for a people who have forgotten how to breathe diaphragmatically, it is no surprise that we have forgotten how to love.

Hence, we are now faced with the challenge of re-learning. Renewing the knowledge that our hearts and spirits naturally gravitate toward before we begin to over-analyze everything.

My brother Dje-Sun once said, "When I say, 'I love.', it is the same thing as me saying, 'I law.'" He was speaking about living his life in accordance with the 42 Laws of Maat. In short, him being truthful and just to all those he came into contact with was equivalent to him loving unconditionally.

Unconditional love is not merely the ability of an individual to love another despite all of their differences or despite the perceived faults that another person may possess. It is the ability to do all of the above while seeing yourself in that said individual and in the rest of humanity. To be able to hold yourself and others to the standards that you aim to achieve while being non-judgemental and supportive is truly divine.

Peace

"Strengthening my commitment to love the ocean. ~ Signed, the wave." - NuRa

2 comments:

  1. My goodness, this is so true! "To be able to hold yourself and others..." You honestly continue to leave me speechless so i had to ask someone for help. My mother just called you profound, girl. She got it right. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. SMILE...Hiiiii Lee-Lee's Mummy!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete