Monday, January 31, 2011

Equilibrium

In Deepak Chopra's "A Path to Love: Spiritual Strategies for Healing", he speaks of how we heal in layers. At first, this concept sounded like it made sense, yet once applied to my everyday existence, the concept resonated in every particle of my being.

In the past, I have had issues with commitment in relationships. Yet, recently I have taken those fears and faced them, stopping my commitment issues in their tracks. Lately, however...now that the commitment issue is no longer present...I am realizing that it was simply covering deeper issues. Hence, the "layers" that need to be addressed and healed.

As children, young babies specifically, we are cocooned in love and positive energy. There comes a time in every child's life where it has to be left alone. That love and positive energy that was so readily available is not present at all times. The fact that our parents will not always be there to protect us arises along with a false notion. That notion being that love and positive energy will not be there to protect us either.

Love and positive energy (Spirit) are always around...inside and outside...of us.

Today, I practice what I call a Love Reflection. The love that I so readily give to those around me, I turn and give to mySelf. The only way to heal layers of dis-ease is to continuously strive to be attentive to the messages that your Self is sending to you. I quiet my person to hear. Balance.

Peace

5 comments:

  1. Healing in layers...i guess it makes sense cuz after you take care of an issue, you may find an underlying reason, or the other way around. Very true hun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for sharing this with us. especially the following..."Love and positive energy (Spirit) are always around...inside and outside...of us."

    ReplyDelete
  3. give thanks for sharing sis. The love that I so readily give to those around me,I turn and give to mySelf. I love it. great mantra/affirmation. inner peace and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully spoken...beautifully written...you inpsire me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love reflected back at and because of you

    ReplyDelete